Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 28

30 days hath Sept.     Two more painting days for the challenge.    It's been a blast.   And talking with friends about their works, and how this challenge has changed their lives - well, Leslie really started something.     There are actually hundres of us out here painting daily.    Only a couple hundred post their pics, probably because many do not have web sites or blogs.   

Here is today's painting.   I'm calling him young poet.   Done with three colors plus white gesso and a touch of black.   Two reds and a green.    All Golden Acrylics - liquids.        I love those transparent liquids.   
I was looking at a black and white copy of a Degas  (I think) painting.   Hmmmm   maybe it was a Matisse?    That's where this face came from - until I got ahold of it.  Now that I see it in better light, I would like to change a few things, but it's just an excercise so it may just stay like this.      

No comments:

Post a Comment