Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 30 of 30 day challenge

Whew, the pressure is off.       I didn't finish the other two of the Waiting at IHOP trilogy.      Here is the group shown together, and the one I'm counting as today's painting.   

This was an elderly couple seated at the far end of the bench.      They did not speak the whole time they were there.   Don't you wonder how people who have been together for many years - have they run out of things to say?   Or are they just comfortable together in their silence?          His shorter pant legs, and saggy socks, and her swollen ankles spoke to me, and I knew eventually I'd have to paint them.   

 I've been holding these images in reserve for almost two years.   The 30 day challenge nudged me into bringing them out and blocking in the first stages of the paintings.


I'd like to thank Leslie Saeta for this 30 day challenge and for introducing me to many artists I would not have found on my own.    Seeing each one's daily offering, is awesome.      I have subscibed to many of their blogs so I can continue to follow their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment