Saturday, February 8, 2014

Raining faces

The rains have come to California.     I'm staying in and enjoying the sound and being so thankful for the water which we need so much.   I may just get to plant a spring garden after all.   I almost gave up hope, and was making alternate plans for landscape.    But now.....    Hope is in my heart.    Pansies, Johnny Jump Ups, Stocks, Alyssum - all those sweet things.   Primroses.      We'll soon be headed to the nurseries to see what we can find.    I love those days.

But, in the meantime, I'm painting faces.  These are three that I had sketched earlier, and am now getting around to throwing some paint on them.      They are all in my journal, just practice.      


First is Giovanni.    
 Then there is Pablo.
And finally, Serena.    

I expect to paint at least one more today and then sketch a few more for later paintings.    

No comments:

Post a Comment